Hull Pottery began production in 1905 in Crooksville, Ohio,under the leadership of Addis Emmet Hull.
The A.E. Hull Pottery Company's early lines consisted of common utilitarian stoneware, semi-porcelain dinnerware and decorative tile. The company quickly established a firm market and enjoyed an excellent reputation for producing quality ceramics. In the 1920s Hull began expanding the variety of his company's product line to art pottery . The company also began using a broader variety of colors and glazing techniques. By the late 1930s through the 1950s, Hull was producing some its best work, and through the 1950s and 1960s the company continued to expand and diversify its product lines. The company finally ceased production in 1983.
Demand - and prices - for Hull Pottery pieces of all periods have continued to increase substantially.